The internet can help you to keep in touch with your friends and help your education – but it can also cause harm – to you and to others. Think carefully about what you are doing on-line, read about how to stay safe and follow the top tips to keep safe while using the internet.
If you or anyone you know is worried about Child Exploitation, Online Protection or anything related to Internet safety please click the link below which will take you to the CEOP reporting website:
Tips for staying safe online:
- Don't post personal information on-line ie your phone number, email address or your home address.
- Think carefully before posting photos or videos on-line. Once it is posted on-line, other people can download it and use it, it's not yours anymore and you may have no control over what happens with it.
- Never give out your password.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
- Remember that not everybody on-line is who they say they are. Don't meet up with on-line friends.
- Respect the views of others, even it you do not agree with them, don't make unkind or rude comments.
- If you see something on-line that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried; leave the website and report it to an adult.
- Know how to use the CEOP button and how to report to the CEOP Centre if you are concerned about someone's online behaviour towards you.
Remember if you are having any problems online, talk to an adult at home, your teacher or another adult at school.