"...I have come in order that you might have life - life in all its fullness."
Our intent at St Oswald’s is to encourage learners to become Musician's who develop a deeper understanding and appreciation to the multicultural and diverse global community in which they live. Through the implementation of a thorough and progressive Music curriculum our children will be equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills and cultural capital to be contributing, well rounded citizens with high expectations and ambition.
Learners will have:
• A rapidly widening repertoire which they use to create original, imaginative, fluent and distinctive composing and performance work.
• A musical understanding underpinned by high levels of aural perception, internalisation and knowledge of music, including high or rapidly developing levels of
• Very good awareness and appreciation of different musical traditions and genres.
• An excellent understanding of how musical provenance - the historical, social and cultural origins of music - contributes to the diversity of musical styles.
• The ability to give precise written and verbal explanations, using musical terminology effectively, accurately and appropriately.
• A passion for and commitment to a diverse range of musical activities.