Looking at Jesus as our example, he demonstrates how to live out our Christian values; inspiring hope and ambition; embracing challenge and difference; succeeding by achieving excellence in one’s self.
Inspire, Embrace, Succeed
We seek to equip our children with the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to be able to overcome societal, psychological and physical barriers so that they can contribute as well-rounded citizens of the world.
‘I have come that they may have life - and life in all its fullness.’
We want our school to inspire those in it and around it; to be a place where dreams are dreamt, goals are met and where confidences are grown.
We want those in our school to embrace life! To take every opportunity given, respect who and what is around them and to uphold the Christian values of our school.
We want those in our school to reach their fullest potential; to try their hardest, to give of their best and not give in – to succeed!
Our values contribute to both the vision and ethos of our school. Whilst these values are Christian in their origin, they are values that those of any faith or no faith can ascribe to. These values flow through all aspects of our school life, they help inform decisions and policies, shape our curriculum and equip our learners with values for life.
Our values are:
We aim to be a school where:
- Every individual in our school community knows they are treasured and loved as a unique child of God
- We live out our Christian faith and values in every activity and relationship
- Children have a zest for learning and a love of life
- Our curriculum is creative, rich and coherent and makes learning stimulating, meaningful and relevant
- Our staff are skilled, creative, reflective and collaborative practitioners
- Our pupils embrace the future with hope and confidence
- Parents are actively engaged as partners in their children’s learning and in the life of the school
- Individuality and diversity is respected and celebrated
- We can experiment, make mistakes and have the confidence to try again
When you walk into our school, we want you to feel that:
- It has a strong and distinctive Christian identity
- Everybody in the school community knows that they are treasured and loved as a unique child of God
- Pupils’ education comes first
- There is a buzz of children and adults learning together
- We are ordered and purposeful in what we do but we like to laugh and have fun
- We see change as an opportunity to embrace with relish
- You are welcome