Science Subject Intent:
Our intent at St Oswald’s is to encourage learners to become scientists who will be equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills and cultural capital to be contributing, well rounded citizens with high expectations and ambition.
To achieve this our curriculum will provide the learning for children to become scientists who have:
• The ability to think independently and raise questions about working scientifically and the knowledge and skills that it brings.
• Confidence and competence in the full range of practical skills, taking the initiative in, for example, planning and carrying out scientific investigations.
• Excellent scientific knowledge and understanding which is demonstrated in written and verbal explanations, solving challenging problems and reporting scientific findings.
• High levels of originality, imagination or innovation in the application of skills.
• The ability to undertake practical work in a variety of contexts, including fieldwork.
• A passion for science and its application in past, present and future technologies.